Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Is mama a genius or just plain ol crazy?!
I went to Walmart today. Pretty boring all in all. I did manage to fluster my mama though... that was fun! I decided to scream "I HAVE A WET DIAPER!!!" at the top of my lungs in the middle of the store. I carried on for several aisles while she held me, rocked me, etc. but I wasn't gonna let her get off that easily. You know how Clark Kent goes into a phone booth and changes into Superman? Well, mama put me back in my car seat on the shopping cart, saw we were in an empty aisle, covered up the car seat with my blanket and pulled off the fastest, most discreet diaper change of all time. I almost wish someone was around to see it. I was so impressed she actually did it, I decided to go easy on her the rest of the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
From Lincoln's mom:
ReplyDeleteYes, I did it. No. I'm not proud of it. I stooped to a new low by secretly changing my baby while grocery shopping. I was holding him trying to calm him down, trying to push a very heavy cart full of beverages, and trying to steer as it veered every which way - like shopping carts always do. I couldn't get to the bathroom to change him without leaving the full cart behind. I knew I couldn't steer it that far while holding him. He screamed loud enough and long enough that pride & logic went out the window. I just had to do what I had to do.
So shake your head in disgust and call me a hillbilly. I don't care. Strange things make sense to do when your child is screaming at the top of his lungs in public...
and it was WALMART. It wouldn't be the first time someone had to pull off a secret changing in that store.